Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday paper

Its a sunny Sunday morning. It's 9:30 a.m. and its already 81 degrees.

In my patio honey bees are hovering over the echinaeca flowers, which in appearance seem to be a pinkish variety of a black-eyed susan and a bumble bee is pollinating the budding flowers of what will soon be this year's crop of raspberries.

I'm relaxing after a day at the beach, a train ride to Bayshore and a ferry ride to Ocean Bay Park with Wanda, a turbulent swim at Point 'O Woods, a midday sun retreat into the forest, first to visit Annalise in Oakleyville, a friend I met last summer - an anthropology professor, who teaches in Europe, then a walk through Sunken Forest and finally a swim back the coast from one end of Point 'O Woods to the other.

Nearly a week earlier on Monday July 24th, after returning from dropping off my brother at JFK airport and out of food, I set out on my bicycle to Wild Oats to refill my refrigerator.

After listening to morning radio news bites, I routed my visit to the Boulder, Colorado organic food provider via South Norwalk, when I learned that Joe Lieberman and Barbara Boxer were rallying at Sweet Rexie's. I thought I might have an opportunity to say hello to Barbara Boxer, my one time Marin County supervisor.

But that never came to pass, after a reporter from the Washington Post, Shailagh Murray, an attractive brunette, approached me to find out my name after I made a quiet attempt to communicate with Senator Lieberman as he walked down Washington Boulevard. But that was a blessing, as the conversation, which ensued with Ms. Murray, was intriguing.

Today as I open up the online Sunday Washington Post, the results of Ms. Murray's reportage appear as a feature story (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/29/AR2006072900667.html) entitled "Lieberman's Eroding Base." She closes the article quoting me, my first appearance in that paper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fried Lemon Pie said...

Congrats on your fifteen minutes of fame. What's next?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Fried Lemon Pie said...

Will you be back? Should I keep checking or give up?

Monday, September 18, 2006 10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home