Wednesday, July 04, 2007

rain on the 4th of July

Went to Twins v. Yankees game at Yankee Stadium (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070703&content_id=2064446&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=min) last night. Took the 5:14 p.m. train from New Canaan to Fordham, then walked over to take the 4 train to 161st Street. The culinary opportunities at Yankee Stadium are limited so I settled for a Heineken, but it was a great opportunity to experience Yankee Stadium before the 'House that Ruth built' gets unceremoniously demolished. I took a 10:32 p.m. from 125th Street back to New Canaan.

In the morning I didn't feel fresh when I got up to participate in 'Four on the Fourth', which started on Oenoke Ridge in front of St. Mark's Church and finished on the New Canaan Nature Center driveway. It was my first four mile run. Learned that 'Family Fourth' was canceled today and rescheduled for Sunday.

Weather headed south as the afternoon wore on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home